Monday, August 5, 2013

Shopping in Nagoya

After breakfast my host father, Sara, and I went to Nagoya for shopping.  Sara and I each chose two stores, but we had fifteen minutes until they opened at 11:00.  While we were waiting we went to the Traditional House Café.  I got a parfait which turned out to be much larger than I had expected.  It had some kind of odd components such as a tomato cheesecake-like thing and green bean mousse.  Under the whipped cream was frozen pineapple and ice cream with kiwis in it.  Overall, it was really good.  (I didn't care for the green bean mousse.)


At about 11:15, we went to the stores.  I had Sara’s mobile phone so I could call her and my host father at 12:00 to discuss where to meet.  Sara went to clothing stores.  I went to Violet Blue and Body Line, Lolita
not my picture- the store said no photos allowed
fashion shops.  For those of you who don’t know, Lolita is a fashion sub-culture which originated in Japan which is based on Victorian-era clothing.  I have liked it for a while, so I decided that I wanted to buy some while I am here in Japan.  I went to Violet Blue first, but I 
didn't really like the selection and the prices were too high for what I wanted.  At Body Line, everything was fantastic.  One of the workers spoke some English which helped a lot since I don’t know any words about clothing in Japanese other than colors.  She helped me find my size and look at different options.  I ended up buying one outfit and a pair of socks.  I am very pleased with my purchase.  After buying everything it was 12:00 so we met up and went home.

posing for a picture with my new host mother while wearing the clothes I bought today

No comments:

Post a Comment