Thursday, August 8, 2013

Matcha Shop


After lunch my host family and I went out to do some shopping for things I want to bring back to America.  My favorite place we went was a matcha shop, あいや (Aiya).  They had a lot of different tools for making green tea in the traditional way (whisk, tea scoop, bowls, etc.) as well as many flavors of green tea and sweets.  While we were at the shop, my family ordered a tray of tea and sweets for us to try.  Everything was really good, especially the matcha chocolate which was about the same consistency of fudge.  This shop is actually in a town which is famous for green tea.  The sign welcoming you to the city even has a matcha bowl and whisk on top!

different varieties of matcha powder- one was about $30 for only 20 grams

matcha bowls- some were over the equivalent of $200

my host family and me about to drink some green tea

the green tea

the sweets tray

Asuka, me, and Oba-chan outside the shop

Kikuko, Asuka, and Oba-chan in front of the sign welcoming people to Nishio

the back of the sign with the matcha bowl and whisk on top

No comments:

Post a Comment