Sunday, August 11, 2013

All packed for America!


After playing card games for a few hours, I packed all my bags.  I was up until 5:00 A.M. packing since I had to make sure I did everything correctly.  I wrapped a lot of things in clothes to cushion them so they (hopefully) won’t break during transit.  I forgot to weight the bags right after I packed them, but I remembered in the morning.  It’s a good thing that I checked since both bags were about 2.5 kg (5 lb) over the limit.  I removed some items and the suitcases were left each weighing 21 kg.  I had a backpack and a reusable grocery bag as carry on items, but I couldn’t fit everything into those two bags combined.  My host mother offered to mail me whatever didn’t fit, but she ended up just giving me a bigger bag and I was able to put everything in it.  All my bags are completely stuffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment