Sunday, August 4, 2013

Delivering Newspapers

me with the newspaper bag
I woke up at 5:00 A.M. today to deliver newspapers with my host father.  We walked to an apartment building he called "the mansion".  At first I was confused since a mansion is just a big house and other than being a large building it doesn't have much in common with an apartment.  When we got inside, I understood.  Everything was really nice and fancy.  The size combined with the quality is probably the reason it's called a mansion.  We delivered 35 newspapers. Not every room got a paper just like not every house gets a newspaper in America.  We had a booklet that had names and room numbers of the people who would get a newspaper.  Next to the door there was a spot for newspapers so we put them there for each room.  Overall it wasn't really exciting, but I'm glad that I woke up early so I could have the experience.

walking to the mansion

delivering a newspaper

delivering another newspaper

No comments:

Post a Comment