Friday, August 2, 2013

A Barbeque on the Roof


Taiga and me on the rooftop

Employees at city hall, people who organized the Midland-Handa exchange, the students from America, and all the host families gathered on top of the Yamaha music building for a barbeque tonight.  I really enjoyed it and had a lot of fun.  There were many different types of meat and vegetables to grill, and I tried one of everything we cooked.  The mother in my third host family made sushi (crab, egg, lettuce, and tuna) for everyone  I tried it and thought it was really good.  It was nice to see the Shirakawa family again as well as to get to know the Takeuchi family a little bit more.  I really enjoyed talking to everyone tonight.

roasting marshmallows after dinner

I can cook marshmallows to a perfect golden brown.

the view from the rooftop after sunset
Scout, Nick, and I all made speeches to our host families and they also said a few sentences about us to everyone.  After all the speeches we played "Crush the Watermelon" which was a game in which we hit a watermelon like a piñata.  Nick cracked it, I hit the ground next to it, and Scout hit where Nick had but not hard enough to break it open.  After it had been smashed open the pieces were cut up and we all ate the fruit.  It was a good game (and it tasted good too).

Scout teaching some of the men a pom routine

Nick getting ready to smash the watermelon

No comments:

Post a Comment