Saturday, August 3, 2013

Preparing for a Festival

Taiga and Nene's elementary school is preparing for a festival that will be held tonight.  There will be a dance and I will be wearing my yukata.  There are also going to be games such as catching fish.  While I was there this morning I played with Legos with the kindergartners.  I also met four junior high school students.  They introduced themselves and asked me some questions in English.  I used Japanese to say that I live in Midland, Michigan, USA.  I also read some of the hiragana from the signs hanging from the ceiling and asked what it meant.  It's a little bit frustrating to be able to read (some) signs but not know the meaning.  When the kindergartners started eating lunch my host dad and I left to go to the supermarket for cinnamon, sliced bread, and cheese.  I am making grilled cheese and Kraft macaroni and cheese for lunch and cinnamon rolls for breakfast tomorrow morning.  It should be fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment