Thursday, August 8, 2013

Miniature Food Art


After breakfast we went to the home of a woman who has been making miniature food for seven or eight years.  She had many fantastic displays around the room.  Asuka and I each made a different set of food.  She made breads and I made sweets.  There were a lot of steps and it was very difficult to hold some of the pieces.  The blueberries were especially difficult to hold.  I also kept dropping all the pieces of clay just as I had finished making them.  Thankfully I only had to remake one piece.  The whole project was actually simple but only if you know what you are doing.  The teacher was really good at making the miniature food and also great at teaching.  I had a lot of fun ad I am very happy with how my project turned out.
starting the first piece

the teacher showing me how to make something

detail work- a blueberry

all eight blueberries

the finished pieces compared to a 100 yen coin (a little smaller than a quarter)

final board compared to a quarter

the length of the whole project is less than the length of a dollar bill

finished

No comments:

Post a Comment