Friday, August 9, 2013

Cinnamon Rolls and Pancakes


making the dough last night
I made cinnamon rolls and chocolate pancakes for the Takeuchi family this morning.  I made the dough last night with the help of Kikuko, Asuka, and Yura.  I couldn't knead or use utensils very well because of the burn on my hand, so I am really glad they wanted to help.   The dough sat on the table overnight to rise and then we rolled it out, put in the cinnamon-sugar filling, and formed the dough into individual rolls.  Yra came over again this morning since she wanted to help.  The dough filled three pans (the ovens here are very small).  The first two
Yura and me making pancakes this morning
batches turned out very well but we all forgot about the third one while we were making pancakes.  They were cooked a little too much, but they still tasted good.   We also each had a small bowl of fruit including peach slices, a piece of banana, and Japanese grapes.  The whole meal was quite good overall.



making the cinnamon-sugar mix (last night)

Yura mixing the cinnamon and sugar

the dough this morning

putting the filling in

rolling the dough into logs

sealing the edges

No comments:

Post a Comment