Friday, August 2, 2013

Port of Nagoya Public Aquarium

While Sara was at school, my host dad, Taiga, Nene, and I went to the Port of Nagoya Public Aquarium.  It was really nice and all the different sea life was interesting.  We went to a dolphin show and that was really cool.  We sat in the "splash zone", so I didn't take any good pictures since my camera would have gotten wet.  After watching the dolphin show, we went through all the displays, giving extra time to the turtles and penguins.  After seeing all the sea life, we walked out and past a boat belonging to the Japanese Navy.  Overall, this was a nice outing.
the dolphin show area (before the actual show)

a tunnel with an aquarium tank on the top and sides

a giant crab that stands as tall as a toddler

a turtle

the penguin tank

the aquarium petting zoo
I held a starfish and it was cool.

the Japanese Navy boat
I was planning on making lunch today, but when we left the aquarium it was already noon.  Everyone was hungry, so we stopped at Komeda's Coffee, a café in Nagoya.  I had shirono-rowaru, a dish this shop is famous for.  It was different than pastries I am used to, but it was really good.  For dessert I had strawberry mont blanc, a pink seasonal cake.  That was good as well.

the outside of Komeda's Coffee


shino-rowaru

strawberry mont blanc



No comments:

Post a Comment