Sunday, August 4, 2013

Cinnamon Rolls

Last night I made cinnamon roll dough with the help of Sara, Taiga, and even Nene.  They all seemed to have a lot of fun kneading the dough.  It was just like working with clay like we had done earlier that afternoon.  My host mother was a little hesitant about letting Nene help since she is young, but I assured her that Nene couldn't mess it up and it would be fine.  Nene did end up washing her hands then getting the dough wet, but I put some flour on it and it was like it never even happened.



This morning, Sara and I rolled out the dough and made it into cinnamon rolls.  I thought it was fun and Sara seemed to enjoy it as well.  I really liked being able to teach someone else how to make something.  After figuring out how to work the oven (three attempts), we started to cook the cinnamon rolls.  They turned out quite well.  Apparently 190 C is the perfect temperature to get the sugar to caramelize.  Breakfast today went very well.

I had a dessert filled with matcha cream with my breakfast today.



No comments:

Post a Comment