Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Takayama Green Hotel

We spent the night at Takayama Green Hotel so that we have a short distance to travel to Hida-Takayama.  This hotel is amazing!  I don't think I've ever been in a hotel this nice.  It has two onsens (hot springs) and everything looks so nice.  Dinner was a buffet of many different foods, so I tried all of them.  Well, actually just most of them since there were so many.  After dinner, we went to a karaoke room (in the hotel).  I didn't sing anything by myself, but I sang "Imagine" by John Lennon with my host dad and did the sign language to "Sekai Ni Hitotsu Dake" ("The One and Only Flower in the World") by SMAP which we learned on the bus on the way back from the Toyota tour.  It was really fun.  Our hotel room is a traditional style and we all slept on futons on the tatami mat floor.  It was actually really comfortable and I enjoyed it.

the welcome sign in front of the hotel


lights in the lobby

we got free tea and cookies when we went inside

a map of the hotel

a display of a model festival float

the entrance to one of the onsens

The hotel provided yukatas and tea.

Taiga

all the girls right after going to the onsen

dinner

me with a giant sarubobo

all of us with the sarubobo

dessert

futons in our room

Taiga doing karaoke

No comments:

Post a Comment