Friday, July 26, 2013

Convenience Store (Konbini) Adventure

I went to a convenience store with my host mother and I got a few snack foods/candies to try.  One was a cream-filled chocolate which cost ¥21.  It was very good.



Another thing I bought was a package of sour gummies (umeboshi gumi in Japanese) for ¥100.  I liked them a lot as well. 


Food number three: daifuku, a sweet marshmallow-like outside filled with anko (sweet red bean paste).  Very delicious, just like the others.  I am definitely buying more of these.


Final food from this trip: a green tea roll cake.  It looked nice on the outside and there were actually two small rolls in the package.  I was expecting it to look like the picture on the left (a pretty spiral inside), but it was like the one on the right except the filling was green so there wasn't the nice color contrast like there is on the package.  The taste was good, but the cake was very dry.  This will be my first and last matcha roll cake (from this brand, anyways).



No comments:

Post a Comment