Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Lunch Party

We had lunch with Maname's English teacher today.  She made somen and a rice dish with meat sauce, cheese, and vegetables.  I brought grilled cheese sandwiches, a food they do not make here in Japan.  I showed her American money and explained the history of the people on the $1 bill, $2 bill, 50-cent piece, and Sacagawea dollar.  I taught her the history of America from its beginning as the thirteen colonies to the signing of the Declaration of Independence.  We also discussed current topics such as the schooling systems in America and Japan.  It was very interesting and I learned a lot.  I gave her a gift for hosting (cookies, a pencil with the pledge of allegiance, a bracelet I made, a Midland calendar, and Midland pins) and she gave me a gift as well: One Piece (the anime) snacks and a book with the characters.  I am so glad she invited me over to her house.
putting noodles in the flowing somen machine

flowing somen machine: the somen flows around and you take it out with chopsticks

the full lunch (almost-rice/meat dish not pictured)

the One Piece gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment