Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Toyota Factory and Museum

We met nine local high school students this morning and they went with us on the tour of the Toyota factory and museum.  Each student from America had a group of three Handa students and a volunteer interpreter.  Things were kind of awkward at the beginning since nobody really knew what to say, but we did introductions and everyone was much more talkative after that. 
The tour of the Toyota factory was actually very interesting.  I enjoyed learning about how the Toyota cars are made.  Unfortunately we were not allowed to take any pictures inside the factory.  Personally, I liked the museum even more than the factory tour.  I got to see all the new technology being put into cars and personal vehicles (such as the I-Unit) and some of the finished cars on display in the showroom.  I’m so glad that I got to visit Toyota with other high school students.  It was great to meet all of them.

me with my group
welcome desk in the Toyota museum
a robot that played the trumpet (really well)
me sitting in the I-Unit
Toyota showroom

No comments:

Post a Comment