Sunday, July 28, 2013

Kaiten Sushi


We went to a kaiten (conveyor belt) sushi restaurant for dinner tonight.  It was a really interesting experience.  There were screens to order food as well as many various plates of food circulating around on a conveyor belt.  I tried many types of sushi ad my favorite was cucumber and umeboshi sushi.  My least favorite, ironically, was the one my host father said that Americans typically like.  I also had udon noodles, pudding, and some melon.  Overall it was a very fun experience.

The bottom row has circulating plates and the top row has an automatic cart with delivers your order right to your table.

the order screen

the first type of sushi I tried: ikura
Scout said we should try it because it was very good, but I didn't care for it.

Tamago (egg) sushi
This one was okay, but the egg was kind of sweet which I wasn't expecting.

And of course I liked the pudding.  Dessert is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment