Wednesday, July 24, 2013

English School

I went to English school this afternoon with my host sister, Maname.  The teacher was very excited to have someone from America visit her class.  Each student introduced herself to me in English and said a few sentences about things they like and don't like.  I got to participate in the lessons as well.  When they practiced numbers and time, they all told me what time they wake up in the morning and I was asked to check their pronunciation.  They also practiced saying some phrases such as "wake up", "go to bed", and "go home."  After saying it in English, they translated it into Japanese and I got to repeat after them.  It was very fun.

Not only did I participate in the lesson, but I got to show everyone some things from America.  I had my camera with lots of pictures and also some American money.  Each student got an American penny to keep ad the teacher got two quarters: one eagle-backed and one of Michigan.  All the students were so amazed by the money and kept saying "You must be so rich!"  It was wonderful to see everyone so happy.

Tomorrow, I am going to a party at the teacher's house for lunch.  I was planning on making grilled cheese for my family for lunch, so I am bringing some over to her as well.  She has been helping my host mother with her English and tomorrow she will help teach me Japanese.  I am so excited to learn more!
me with all the English students

No comments:

Post a Comment