Monday, July 29, 2013

Arrival and Dinner at the Saito Home


I have officially moved in with my second host family!  It was sad to leave the Shirakawa family, but I am glad to experience Japan in a different way with a new family.  The Saito family has a clarinet which I am free to use and an electronic organ which I may play as well.  The clarinet is a Buffet (which is what I have at home) and has a very good sound.  I like it a lot.  Playing an organ instead of a piano was a little odd at first, but it worked out okay and I played a couple songs for my family: Für Elise (Beethoven) and The Storm (Bergmüller).  For dinner we had sushi that we rolled ourselves.  I made many tamago (egg) sushi rolls.  I also tried some squid and crab wrapped in mint leaves.  It mostly just tasted like mint, so those were okay.

Buffet Crampon E13 (clarinet)

me playing the electronic organ
dinner
eating dinner with the Saito family

No comments:

Post a Comment